High quality English language training for motivated adults
- Informazioni utili
Accommodation, services, travel and visas, living in London
- Info su LSE
Organisation, news, careers and franchise information
The best way to prepare for your examination
We offer several ways of preparing for IELTS:
- An intensive 8 or 10 week preparation course. This course takes place 4 times per year.
- A Combination Course. Many people choose to study for the IELTS exam as part of an Intensive General English course, but it can also be a part of any other combination course, such as our Communicating Effectively in English or Young Business English courses.
Our intensive IELTS preparation course is designed to prepare candidates for the Cambridge IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination. IELTS is recognised as an entrance requirement by British, Australian, New Zealand and Canadian universities and for secondary, vocational and training programmes.
IELTS is available in two formats – Academic and General Training. This intensive course prepares students for the Academic Training Modules, which assess whether a candidate is ready to study or train at an undergraduate or postgraduate level.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
- Group size:
8 weeks course: £3,400 + £155 exam fee
10 weeks course: £4,250 + £155 exam fee
(Lunch at the school is included in all course fees)
- Participants age:
Minimum age: 18
Average age: 22
- Course length:
8 or 10 weeks
You must do the full course
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.15 - 15.45 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This course is designed to prepare candidates for the Cambridge IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination. IELTS is recognised as an entrance requirement by British, Australian, New Zealand and Canadian universities and for secondary, vocational and training programmes.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
The course is a highly intensive programme, focusing on all of the main skills that are required in the IELTS exam, including:
As part of the course, you will do regular examination practice to get you used to working under examination conditions. You will also concentrate on developing good examination techniques.
Throughout the course, you will be set homework exercises, with particular emphasis on reading and writing. You will receive feedback, correction and advice.
A full online practice IELTS exam is included in the course. Some of this will be used on the course, but it can also be used by course participants in their own time to prepare for the exam.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- achieve the best possible mark in your exam
- approach the four different components of the Cambridge IELTS exam (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) with greater confidence
- handle the language more effectively and with greater confidence
- understand what you hear and what you read more easily
- speak and write more accurately
- speak more fluently
- use a wider range of vocabulary in your written and spoken English
- understand the areas you need to work on the most
Dates & Fees
When this course takes place and how much it costs
Course dates (2015)
13th Apr – 6th June (8 weeks), exam: 6th June
8th June – 31st July (8 weeks), exam: 31st July
31st Aug – 6th Nov (10 weeks), exam: 6th November
Course fee and exam fee (2015)
(Lunch at the school is included in all course fees)
- 8 weeks course: £3400 + £155 exam fee
- 10 weeks course: £4250 + £155 exam fee
If you would like us to book an exam place for you, please tell us when you book your course.
A late fee may be payable for exam bookings received less than 3 weeks before the start date of the course.
The examination consists of the following four components and types of questions and tasks
- Listening – you will practise listening to a variety of different texts (monologues and dialogues) connected with social needs, as well as situations related to educational and training contexts. You will practise a variety of question types, such as: multiple choice, short answer questions, matching, sentence completion, labelling a diagram, classification and notes/summary/diagram/flow-chart/table completion.
- Reading – you will practise reading a variety of different texts, taken from magazines, newspapers, books and journals. You will practise answering a variety of question types, including: multiple-choice, matching, classification and identification of views/information.
- Writing – you will practise interpreting a table or diagram and presenting the information in your own words. You will also practise writing about the solution to a problem, presenting and justifying opinions, evaluating or comparing/contrasting evidence. You will look at task realisation (what is expected in terms of register, organisation, style and content).
- Speaking – You will practise all three parts of the exam, which are designed to test your ability to communicate effectively in English. You will practise: answering general questions; speaking extensively on a particular topic; discussing more abstract issues and topics.
Ask a question about this course
Still have questions? Use the form below to contact a member of our team