Cambridge BEC Vantage
The Cambridge BEC Vantage examination is a useful qualification for people who need to use English as a foreign language for the purposes of international business and who are already in business-orientated work or preparing to follow such a career. The examination is aimed at an upper intermediate level of competence.
We offer an intensive four-week preparation course for this exam. It can be taken as an independent course, but also combines very well with a period on the Young Business English course.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
- Group size:
£2100 (4 week course) + £140 for exam fee
- Participants age:
Minimum age: 18
Average age: 27
- Course length:
4 weeks (you must do the full course)
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.30 - 16.00 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This course is aimed at hard working, motivated adults who would like to prepare thoroughly for Cambridge BEC Vantage and maximise their chance of succeeding in the exam.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
BEC Vantage course materials relate directly to the key language skills and communication strategies which are tested in the exam. The exam consists of the following four components and types of questions/tasks:
- The reading component contains multiple choice comprehension questions covering key vocabulary, gap-filling tasks to test understanding of text structure, grammatical accuracy and range of vocabulary. There are also proof reading tasks which test sentence structure and error identification.
- The writing component requires candidates to write short messages, letters, reports and proposals.
- The listening component contains the following types of questions: completing messages/forms using information heard; matching short extracts with descriptions of their general gist or topic; multiple choice questions about conversations, interviews or presentations.
- The speaking component requires candidates to engage in a conversation with the examiner about his/her work and interests; to prepare and give a brief presentation on a business-related topic; to exchange information with another candidate on work-related topics; and, to discuss general work-related topics.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to approach the questions in the reading, writing, listening and speaking components of the Cambridge BEC Vantage exam more confidently having focused on the key areas included in the exam, such as:
- The office, general business environment and routine
- Entertainment of clients, free time, relationships with colleagues and clients
- Travel and conference meetings
- Using the telephone
- Company structures, systems, processes
- Buying and selling
- Products and services
- Business / management issues
- Results and achievements
Dates & Fees
When this course takes places and how much it costs
Course dates (2015)
16th February - 13th March (exam on 13th March)
4th May - 29th May (exam on 30th May)
24th August - 18th September (exam 18th September)
2nd November - 27th November (exam on 28th November)
Please note that the Holland Park Gardens Centre is closed on 1 - 2 January, 3 - 6 April, 21 December - 1 January 2016. The centre is open on all other public holidays.
Course fee and exam fee (2015)
Course fees do not include the examination fee. Students will only be registered for the examination after payment of the appropriate fees.
2015 (Lunch at the school is included in all course fees)
- £2100 (4 week course, 24 hours per week)
- Exam fee £140
If you would like us to book an exam place for you, please tell us when you book your course.
A late fee may be payable for exam bookings received less than 3 weeks before the start date of the course.
Ask a question about this course
Still have questions? Use the form below to contact a member of our team
Read reviews & comments
London School of English
The BEC Vantage preparation course is great. I think I have made progress quickly. It is a very intensive course and we have really achieved a lot of goals. We worked as a team and the atmosphere has been very good.