High quality English language training for motivated adults
Accommodation, services, travel and visas, living in London
Organisation, news, careers and franchise information
Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
The best way to prepare for your examination
This course is designed to prepare candidates for the Cambridge CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) examination. CAE is suitable for people who require English for professional or study purposes. There is an emphasis on real-world tasks. CAE is widely recognised in commerce and industry, and is recognised by the majority of British universities as fulfilling English language entrance requirements. The examination is aimed at an advanced level of competence.
We offer preparation for the Cambridge CAE examination three times a year.
This is a short and very intensive course and many participants come to London two or three months early and do one or more Intensive General Courses before the start of the CAE course.
All course participants take a written pre-course test (which may be combined with an interview to assess their level of spoken English) before we can guarantee their place.
We only accept people onto the CAE course who are serious and prepared to show the necessary commitment in order to maximise their chances of achieving good results.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
- Group size:
£3400 (8 week course) + £140 exam fee
Fees include training plus:
- Participants age:
Minimum age: 18
Average age: 28
- Course length:
8 weeks (you must do the full course)
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.15 - 15.45 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This course is aimed at hard working, motivated adults who would like to prepare thoroughly for CAE and maximise their chance of succeeding in the exam.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
The course is a highly intensive but broad programme of language development, focusing on all of the main skills that are required in the CAE exam. A lot of attention is given to developing the different forms of writing tested in the exam, and to achieving a high degree of grammatical accuracy. Vocabulary development is another extremely important aspect of the course. Listening and speaking are also significant parts of the course.
As part of the course, you will take a full mock examination to give you an idea of what to expect, and to get you used to working under examination conditions. You will also concentrate on developing good exam techniques and practice with past examination papers.
Throughout the course, you will be regularly set a wide variety of exercises for homework, which will enable you to identify the areas that you particularly need to focus on improving. You will receive a great deal of individual feedback, correction and advice.
A full online practice CAE exam is included in the course. Some of this will be used on the course, but it can also be used by course participants in their own time to prepare for the exam.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- take the exam with greater confidence
- approach the five different components of the Cambridge CAE exam (Reading, Writing, English in Use, Listening and Speaking) with greater confidence
- handle the language more effectively and with greater confidence
- understand what you read and hear more easily
- speak and write more accurately
- speak more fluently
- use a wider range of vocabulary in your written and spoken English
- understand the areas you need to work on the most.
Dates & Fees
When this course takes places and how much it costs
Course dates (2015)
19th January – 13th March (exam on 14th March)
13th April – 5th June (exam on 6th June)
19th October – 11th December (exam on 12th December)
The Westcroft Square centre is closed on the following dates: 1-2 January, 3-6 April, 4 May, 25 May, 31 August, 21 December - 1 January
Course fee and exam fee (2015)
Course fees do not include the examination fee. Students will only be registered for the examination after payment of the appropriate fees.
(Lunch at the school is included in all course fees)
- £3400 (8 week course)
- Exam fee £140
If you would like us to book an exam place for you, please tell us when you book your course.
A late fee may be payable for exam bookings received less than 3 weeks before the start date of the course.
The examination consists of the following five components and types of questions and tasks:
- Reading – you will practice reading a variety of different texts, such as newspaper/magazine articles, journals, leaflets, brochures and non-literary books. You will practice multiple-choice questions and work on developing the key reading skills tested in the exam.
- Writing – you will practice writing formal and informal letters, notes and messages, articles, contributions to leaflets, reviews, competition entries, instructions, memos, reports, and proposals.
- English in Use – you will practice all of the task types in Paper 3 of the exam, designed to test the candidate's understanding and control of the formal elements of language in context: the multiple-choice cloze, the open cloze, word formation, gapped sentences, key word transformations.
- Listening – you will practice listening to a variety of different texts, such as announcements, radio broadcasts, telephone messages, speeches, talks, discussions, interviews and lectures.
- Speaking – you will practice all of the task types in Paper 5 of the exam which are designed to test your ability to use social, transactional and interactional language.
Ask a question about this course
Still have questions? Use the form below to contact a member of our team
Read reviews & comments
In my opinion every thing is perfect.