High quality English language training for motivated adults
Accommodation, services, travel and visas, living in London
Organisation, news, careers and franchise information
IELTS Preparation Course in London
Academic IELTS preparation course to get the best results
Our intensive IELTS preparation course in London prepares you for getting the best possible result in the Academic Cambridge IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System). You will learn from our highly qualified and experienced teachers, some of whom are IELTS examiners themselves.
The course includes hands-on IELTS practice exercises, samples of the past tests and exam techniques in all 4 areas: writing, reading, listening and speaking - all in a positive and friendly environment.
We offer several ways of preparing for IELTS:
- An 8 week preparation course. This course takes place 4 times per year in 2016.
- A 4 week summer intensive or 6 week winter intensive course.
- As part of our Academic Year programme, entitling you to a specially-reduced tuition fee as part of a 24 week programme that combines Intensive General English course, English for University and IELTS course.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
- Course level:
Levels 4 - 7 on the school's level scale
(Level requirement for summer course is 5.5 - 7)
8 week course:
£3,400 + £165 exam fee*
6 week winter intensive course:
£2,550 + £165 exam fee*
4 week summer intensive course:
£1,700 + £165 exam fee*
*excludes IELTS SELT/UKVI exam
8 weeks course:
18th January - 11th March (exam: 12th March)
28th March - 20th May (exam: 21st May)
6th June - 29th July (exam: 30th July)
29th August - 21st October (exam: 22nd Oct)
4 weeks intensive course:
1st August - 26th August (exam: 27th Aug)
6 weeks intensive course:
31st October - 9th December (exam: 10th Dec)
- Course length:
4, 6 or 8 weeks
- Participants age:
Minimum age: 18
Average age: 22
- Group size:
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.15 - 15.45 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This IELTS course is designed to prepare candidates for the Academic Cambridge IELTS (International English Language Testing System) examination.
IELTS is recognised as an entrance requirement by British, Australian, New Zealand and Canadian universities and for secondary, vocational and training programmes. This course is for you if you are planning to apply to these academic institutions.
The areas that you can expect to cover during the IELTS preparation course
Click to see sample timetable
The IELTS course in London is a highly intensive programme, focusing on all of the main skills that are required in the IELTS test, including:
As part of the course, you will do regular examination practice to get you used to working under examination conditions. You will also concentrate on developing good examination techniques.
Throughout the course, you will be set homework exercises, with particular emphasis on reading and writing. You will receive feedback, correction and advice from your trainer.
A full online practice IELTS exam is included in the course. Some of this will be used on the IELTS preparation course, but it can also be used by course participants in their own time to prepare for the exam.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the IELTS preparation course you will be able to:
- achieve the best possible result in your IELTS exam
- approach the four different components of the IELTS exam (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) with greater confidence
- understand what you hear and what you read more easily
- speak and write more accurately
- speak more fluently
- use a wider range of vocabulary in your written and spoken English
- understand the areas you need to work on the most
Included in the fees
What is included in the fees
Fees include training plus:
- All IELTS course materials including exam practice book and exam coursebook
- Mid-course full-practice IELTS exam
- Regular tutorials and progress tests
- Daily 3-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
- Ongoing support from University Relations Manager and advice on your university application