- 유용한 정보
- LSE에 대하여
Working for us
We have a large number of permanent training staff. We believe this is essential to maintain consistency and quality in our courses and to develop new materials and approaches to language learning and teaching. We currently employ 18 permanent trainers. We also use fixed-term contract trainers for shorter periods as well as carefully selected freelance trainers. In this way we are able to maximize our flexibility and ensure that staff experience and expertise precisely match the client's needs
All our trainers have the Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (CELTA), or equivalent, as a minimum. Most of our permanent training staff have the Cambridge ESOL Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults (DELTA) as well. A number of our trainers also hold an MA in Teaching English as a Foreign Language or Applied Linguistics.
In addition to a qualification in English Language Teaching, a number of our trainers hold a professional qualification in other professional fields such as finance and law. This previous background can be very valuable when working on Individual Tuition programmes in their client's field.
The average age of our training staff is around 41. The average experience of English language training to international students, including service in this school and previous experience is 12 years. Trainers have usually taught abroad as well as in Britain.
Professional development is a priority for us: trainers regularly have time out of class to work on new programmes, materials and techniques. Staff regularly attend in-service training seminars.
It is not easy to get a job at The London School of English. Our clients get the best because we employ the best.
We pay the closest possible attention to the quality of training. Our trainers are supported by a Courses Management team who are all DELTA qualified, some with a MA TEFL qualification as well.
- Peter Thompson, the Director of Courses, has overall responsibility for the courses department and is responsible for recruitment of trainers. His direct line is +44 20 7605 4172 and his email address is email@example.com
- Donna Bradford, Senior Courses Manager, is responsible for the day to day running of courses at our Holland Park Gardens centre. Her direct line is +44 20 7605 4171 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thorkild Gantner, Senior Courses Manager, is responsible for the day to day running of courses at our Westcroft Square centre. His direct line is +44 20 8563 6502 and his email address is email@example.com
- Shirley Norton, Courses Manager, is responsible for examinations and language testing. Her direct line is +44 20 8563 6505 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michelle Oldman, Courses Administrator, provides administrative support at both centres. Her direct line is +44 20 8563 6504 and her email address is email@example.com
- Rosie Ganne, University Relations Manager, is responsible for academic relations, university counselling and long-stay course participant consultancy. Her direct line is +44 20 8563 6506 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
I like the school very much. The staff are very friendly and open. I feel very comfortable studying in London, especially as we are provided with all the necessary things such as maps and tourist information.