- Nützliche Informationen
- Über LSE
English for HR Professionals
Helping HR Professionals Communicate More Successfully
We take into account the global challenges you face as a Human Resources manager and develop the English language skills you need to perform in a variety of work situations, including: interviewing applicants, evaluating appraisals, participating in meetings, discussing performance and reward and managing employee relations.
The one-to-one component of this combination course gives you the specific language you need to communicate confidently in HR related scenarios while the Successful Communication for Professionals micro-group enables you to practise essential language, intercultural and soft skills for effective communication in meetings, presentations and networking events.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
- Group size:
Group maximum 4 and 1-1
- Training day:
6 hrs a day (30 hrs per week)
08.45 - 12.00 (including a coffee break)
13.30 - 16.45 (including a coffee break)
1 hour = 60 minutes
5 hrs a day (25 hrs a week)
08.45 - 12.00 (including a coffee break)
13.30 - 15.45 (including a coffee break)
1 hour= 60 minutes
HR Combi-30: £1775- 15 hours' SCP Micro-Group plus 15 hours' HR One-to-One per week or
HR Combi-25: £1395- 15 hours' SCP Micro-Group plus 10 hours' HR One-to-One per week
Please note these fees include the following package: 30 or 25 hours training plus 3 networking lunches and 2 social activities with trainers per week.
- Participants age:
Minimum age 25
1 - 4 weeks
Start any Monday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
Most participants choosing this course are experienced HR Professionals looking to improve their English ability in specific areas of HR management including interviewing and the recruitment process, presenting and explaining company structure, advising on compensation and benefits and resolving conflict.
Participants are looking for a course which will give them both the opportunity to focus on sector specific language but also communicate with other professionals from a variety of countries, sectors and industries.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
The one-to-one content of the course is entirely focussed on your specific HR needs but might include:
- recruiting and interviewing
- outlining corporate strategy and relating the role of HR within it
- explaining diversity, Equality and Employment Law
- managing employee Relations
- educating staff on Health, Safety & Well-being
- presenting learning and development strategies
- describing best practices in management & business Skills
- discussing performance, reward and talent management in a meeting
Successful Communication for Professionals micro-group:
- Communication skills
- Chairing and participating in meetings
- Negotiations- persuading, bargaining, compromising
- Presentations- making yourself understood to a non-specialised audience
- Business word-building
- Teleconferencing, telephoning and email writing
- Networking and socialising skills
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Grammatical accuracy
- Accuracy in pronunciation
An important component at the end of the course is a presentation given to other members of the group. This is an important opportunity for you to practise speaking publicly for an extended period on a subject of your choice. It provides consolidation of the language you have studied through the course and is very beneficial to building your confidence. The presentation will be recorded and analysed by your trainer with appropriate feedback.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
- communicate more confidently about HR issues to both a specialist and non-specialist audience
- speak more accurately and fluently
- participate more successfully in meetings
- approach negotiations, mediations and conflicts more tactically and diplomatically
- respond more spontaneously
- gain better comprehension skills
- improve your written English including emailing
- expand your range of HR professional vocabulary
- improve your understanding of grammar
- socialise and network with greater confidence
- speak more clearly with better pronunciation
- work successfully in a cross-cultural environment
In addition to the benefits outlined above, you can expect to manage meetings andnegotiations more effectively, improve your presentation skills, expand yourbusiness vocabulary, use the telephone with greater confidence as well as being able to discuss issues relating to best industry practice industry with a greater degree of confidence.
Dates & Fees
When this course takes place and how much it costs
Course dates (2015)
Start any Monday between 5th January to 18th December.
Training will take place on all holidays in this period, including Easter Monday.
Course fees (2015)
These fees include 3 networking lunches and 2 social activities with trainers each week; 1 - 4 weeks.
HR Combi-30: £1775/week- 15 hours' Successful Communication for Professionals (SCP) micro-group plus 15 hours' one-to-one per week
HR Combi-25: £1395/week- 15 hours' Successful Communication for Professionals (SCP) micro-group plus 10 hours' one-to-one per week