Cancelling or Postponing
Cancelling or postponing a course before you start it
If you want to cancel a course, you must do so in writing. You may cancel on the following conditions:
- more than 15 working days’ (Monday–Friday) notice before the course begins: no penalty
- 6 working days to 15 working days’ notice before the course begins: 50% penalty
- less than 6 working days’ notice before the course begins: 100% penalty.
Each minimum period is regarded as a separate course. (See paragraph 1 above).
If you want to postpone a course, you must do so in writing. You may postpone on the following conditions:
- you must pay the full course fees by the original starting date of the course booked, and
- you must take the postponed course within 3 months of the original starting date.
If you postpone a booking, we will give you a credit towards the postponed booking as follows:
- 6 working days’ notice or more before the course begins: 100% credit of course fees paid
- less than 6 working days’ notice before the course begins: 50% credit of course fees paid.
A postponed booking cannot be postponed again or cancelled. If you postpone Individual Tuition (including combination courses) with less than 3 working days’ notice, you will not receive any credit of your fees.
8. If you cancel your booking because of a visa refusal, we will refund any fees that you have paid if you send us a copy of the visa refusal letter issued by the British Embassy/Consulate. You must do this at least 5 working days before your course is due to start. If you notify us later, we reserve the right to charge you in line with our normal cancellation terms. If you cancel less than 5 working days before your arrival date, and homestay has been arranged, you must pay for 1 week’s accommodation, and the accommodation placement fee, even if your cancellation is caused by a visa refusal. Please note that it is your responsibility to apply for your visa in good time.
If you have any questions regarding our terms and conditions we would be very happy to discuss them with you either by telephone (+44 207 605 4142) or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why study at The London School of English?
- Rated “Excellent” in over 450 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London, Canterbury or online