High quality English language training for motivated adults
Accommodation, services, travel and visas, living in London
Organisation, news, careers and franchise information
Cambridge BEC Vantage
The Cambridge Business English Certificate - BEC Vantage examination is a useful qualification for people who need to use English as a foreign language for the purposes of international business and who are already in business-orientated work or preparing to follow such a career. The examination is aimed at an upper intermediate level of competence.
We offer an intensive four-week preparation course for this exam. It can be taken as an independent course, but also combines very well with a period on the Business English 20 - 30 course.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
£1050 + £150 exam fee
- Participants age:
Minimum age: 20
Average age: 27
- Group size:
- Course length:
2017: 2 weeks (you must do the full course)
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.15 - 15.45 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This course is aimed at hard working, motivated adults who would like to prepare thoroughly for Cambridge BEC Vantage and maximise their chance of succeeding in the exam.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
Click to see sample timetable
BEC Vantage course materials relate directly to the key language skills and communication strategies which are tested in the exam. The exam consists of the following four components and types of questions/tasks:
- The reading component contains multiple choice comprehension questions covering key vocabulary, gap-filling tasks to test understanding of text structure, grammatical accuracy and range of vocabulary. There are also proof reading tasks which test sentence structure and error identification.
- The writing component requires candidates to write short messages, letters, reports and proposals.
- The listening component contains the following types of questions: completing messages/forms using information heard; matching short extracts with descriptions of their general gist or topic; multiple choice questions about conversations, interviews or presentations.
- The speaking component requires candidates to engage in a conversation with the examiner about his/her work and interests; to prepare and give a brief presentation on a business-related topic; to exchange information with another candidate on work-related topics; and, to discuss general work-related topics.
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to approach the questions in the reading, writing, listening and speaking components of the Cambridge BEC Vantage exam more confidently having focused on the key areas included in the exam, such as:
- The office, general business environment and routine
- Entertainment of clients, free time, relationships with colleagues and clients
- Travel and conference meetings
- Using the telephone
- Company structures, systems, processes
- Buying and selling
- Products and services
- Business / management issues
- Results and achievements
Included in the fees
What is included in the fees
Fees include training plus:
Course fees do not include the examination fee. Students will only be registered for the examination after payment of the appropriate fees.
If you would like us to book an exam place for you, please tell us when you book your course.
A late fee may be payable for exam bookings received less than 3 weeks before the start date of the course.