When you’re travelling to another country to study, getting organised can be pretty daunting. We’ve come up with this list of useful things to bring with you to make your stay with us the best ever.

  • Certificate of acceptance or letter of course confirmation.
  • Details of your accommodation/the family where you are staying.
  • Credit cards/travellers cheques.
  • Mobile phone – and charger!
  • Relevant documents if you have arranged your own insurance.
  • An adaptor for non-British plugs -  we use three-pin plugs and the power is 240 volts in the UK. You can buy such adaptors in London if you have difficulty finding them in your country. We also have them for hire in the school.
  • A laptop/tablet computer – especially if your course will cover making presentations, etc. We have wireless networks at both our centres. Of course you are also welcome to use the student computers during school opening hours.
  • An internationally recognised student card if you have one.
  • Your driving licence in case you wish to hire a car. Please note that you have to be aged over 23, and have held a (clean) licence for a minimum of 2 years. If your own licence is not in a West European language or if an authorized translation into English is not provided, you may need to get an International Driving Licence.
  • A good bi-lingual dictionary. Mono-lingual dictionaries can be bought more cheaply at the school or in London if you do not already have one.
  • A memory stick to save any work you do in the computer lab.
  • Any materials you might wish to use for self-study, (for instance, a technical text or book on a specific subject that interests you) or for a presentation on a business English course, (for instance, statistics, graphs or a map).
  • Some passport-sized photographs, for student cards, travel passes etc.
  • An umbrella for the famous British weather!

Watch Our Videos

Language tips and blog

Use our Language Talk page to help build your vocabulary, skills and knowledge.

Language talk

Our accreditations and memberships:

In London and Canterbury: