High quality English language training for motivated adults
Accommodation, services, travel and visas, living in London
- About Us
Organisation, news, careers and franchise information
TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills)
Places on the TOLES preparation course are subject to demand and suitability. The course is only available as a fourth week following our Legal English : Young Lawyers course.
The best way to prepare for your examination
This course is designed to prepare candidates for the TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) examination. TOLES is for lawyers and law students to prove their ability to cope with everyday practical tasks in English when working in commercial law or studying in the law faculty of a UK or US university. The course is accredited by the Law Society of England and Wales.
The course focuses on examination techniques for the different parts of the exam.
All of the key information you need to know about this course
£560/week + £140 for exam fee and special materials.
£560/week + £150 for exam fee and special materials.
25th - 29th January
4th - 8th April
30th May - 3rd June
25th -29th July
22nd - 26th August
3rd - 7th October
21st - 25th November
The exam is on the final day of every TOLES course.
Click to see Public Holidays (school closed)
- Course length:
1 or 2 weeks
- Participant age:
Minimum age 20
Average age 25
- Group size:
- Hours per week:
24 hours per week (24 x 60 minutes)
09.30 - 16.00 Monday - Friday
Who's it for?
Find out if this course is suitable for your needs
This course is designed to prepare candidates for the TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) examination. This qualification is for lawyers and law students to prove their ability to cope with everyday practical tasks in English when working in commercial law or studying in the law faculty of a UK or US university.
The areas that you can expect to cover during a typical course
Click to see sample timetable
The TOLES course is intended to cover all of the language areas given below.
- Knowledge and use of specific legal vocabulary
- Formal letter writing and communication by email
- Simplification of complex contract clauses to Plain English
- Reading complex documentation
- Features of the English legal system
- Grammatical accuracy
The key language skills and communication strategies you will focus on for the exam include:
- Understanding and using specific legal vocabulary relevant in the global commercial market
- Writing formal letters and communicating by email
- Simplification of contract clauses
- Understanding and explaining complex legal documentation
- Writing and speaking with grammatical accuracy
What you can expect to achieve from your course
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- approach the exam more confidently
- assess your true ability in legal English
- improve your knowledge of legal English and key concepts in English law
- improve your writing skills, especially for letters and emails
- demonstrate your ability to current and future employers by including your grade and certificate as part of your CV
- keep up to date in your professional development
- prepare yourself for entry to a law course in a UK or US university, or for an internship