Essential International Communication
If you want to build better relationships, collaborate more effectively and avoid misunderstandings, our Essential International Communication training will give you the skills you need to interpret and respond to a wide range of communication styles and methods employed by colleagues, clients and partners worldwide.
Who’s it for?
Essential International Communication is for you if you work internationally, whether as part of a global team, in sales or marketing, global supply chain or on an international joint venture.
- A greater awareness of your own communication style
- An understanding of how you come across
- A framework for recognising and adapting to other communication styles
- Practical techniques for clear and effective communication
"Good presentation. The course was perfect. I don’t think any improvement is needed."Richard Jodeika, Assistant Front of House Manager, Hyde Park Residences
- Self-assessment: What is your communication style?
- Barriers to successful international communication
- Recognising cross-cultural communication styles
- Selecting the right communication mode
- Interpreting non-verbal signals: silence, gesture, space
- How to deliver difficult messages
Useful blogs on international communication
- Why invest in intercultural training?
- Time across cultures - part 2 - Lost in the mists of time
- Vital success factors for great global teams
- Networking as a cross-cultural skill
- "It ain't what you say, it's the way that you say it"
- Active listening as an essential intercultural skill
- 'Aha' moments in international project management
- Your journey to cultural competence
- Conflict in the workplace: It’s personal, even when it’s cultural
- Communication barriers: Why isn't it easier?
- International negotiation skills: Stepping into the other side's shoes
- Taking the pain out of international meetings
Contact us for more information
- Your Office
- Max 10
- Min duration: 1 day
- Bespoke: on request