Home Tuition Immersion Courses
Our English Home Tuition Immersion courses offer unique experiences and highly-effective training for you to learn English in a more authentic and relaxed but intensive way. As a guest staying in the home of your host trainer and family, you will be studying English in a personalised programme of individual English classes to meet your needs. You will continue to learn throughout your course, even when you’re not in classes, as you can play a full part in the life of your host family.
The Benefits Of Home Tuition
- Rapid progress. Learning beyond the classroom in a relaxed, social situation.
- Growth in confidence. By immediately using the language outside of your lessons you build up a very natural usage of the English language.
- Natural fluency. Total immersion and practice in social situations encourages a natural usage of the language.
- One-to-one tuition. Lessons are tailored to your precise needs.
- Comfort and enjoyment. Relax in a family home with all meals included and a choice of excursions and activities designed for your enjoyment.
- A wonderful and unique experience. Make friends as well as learning the language and living the culture.
Meet Some Of Our Hosts
A Typical Week
- You will arrive with your host on a Sunday. Tuition will take place from Monday to Friday and departure will be the following Saturday.
- You choose to study for 20 or 25 hours per week.
- The cost is £1,990 per week for a course with 20 hours tuition or £2,415 per week for a course with 25 hours tuition. This price includes breakfast, lunch and dinner (taken at home with your trainer) and all teaching materials. You will need to cover the costs of travel and excursions for you and your trainer.
- The minimum age for this course is 18.
- The minimum duration for the course is 1 week and the maximum length of stay is 2 weeks. However, to continue studying you can join lessons at our school in Holland Park Gardens (London) or online.
- See the course brochure here.
Some of the destinations for Home Tuition
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long are the courses?
We recommend 1 to 2 weeks. A 1-week course is for 6 nights, a 2-week course is for 13 nights as this includes the Saturday night in the middle.
If you want to study for longer, we suggest you then transfer to our London school in Holland Park.
- Can I pair with a course in the school?
This is a great way to extend your language tuition. You can continue your tuition at our London school in Holland Park, either on a one-to-one basis or in small class groups. In London, we offer a variety of accommodation including homestays, catered accommodation and self-catering. There is also a social calendar of events available to you if you would like to mix with the other students outside classes.
You can also choose to continue with your study through online classes with your host either before or after your stay.
- What is the cost?
20 hours plus 6 nights accommodation - £1990 / week
25 hours plus 6 nights’ accommodation - £2415 / week
The prices include all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) taken at home with the trainer and all teaching materials. You will need to cover the costs for yourself and the trainer on excursions such as entrance tickets, transport and any meals taken outside of the home.
- Can I choose my host?
No – but you can help us choose the perfect host for you. We work in great detail to match our clients to the host. We know our hosts well and take feedback from clients who have experienced living and learning with them. Our hosts are experienced and have been running home tuition for many years. We also take great care in understanding you, what you are hoping to achieve and the type of environment and host to suit you. This matching process has resulted in many happy partnerships over the years.
- How do you consider my preferences?
After you have completed your booking, we ask you to complete a detailed questionnaire and we speak to you to understand what your priorities are from this English language learning experience. All our hosts are highly qualified and able to tailor the course and experience to your interest and requirements.
- Do you cater for specific dietary requirements?
Yes, we can cater for most requirements. Please specify these on the form when booking so we can match you with a host who can accommodate these.
- How will the host prepare for the lessons and level?
Once you have been allocated a host, we will arrange a 15-minute call to introduce you to your host. During this call we can assess your level and you can specify any topics you would like covered in your lessons. This enables us to tailor the lessons for you and ensure you will be getting the most out of your stay.
- Is there help with transport to the host location?
We can help to arrange all transfers to and from airports, train stations and from our school in Holland Park Gardens.
- Can I cancel after I have make a booking?
Yes, you may cancel but you must give 15 working days notice in writing. Home Tuition is a unique experience and the trainers do a lot of preparation in advance to ensure the course is tailored specifically to your needs and requests. We are unable to fill the spaces at short notice.
- Can I postpone my course?
Yes, you may postpone a course by giving 15 working day's notice in writing. We are unable to fill the bookings at short notice due to the level of preparation carried out by the trainers ahead of your visit.
6 Steps To Booking A Course
- Complete the reservation request
- We will send you a booking form
- Complete and return the booking form which asks for more details about your learning objectives
- We match you with a trainer and send you a profile
- When you accept our offer we finalise your booking and you pay for the course
- Meet your trainer. Within 7 days of making payment we will arrange a call between you and your trainer. This is to help your trainer to prepare for your course by listening to you and it is your opportunity to tell your trainer what is most important for you