English for Lawyers
You can choose between a range of English for lawyers courses either in London or online. The courses are aimed at lawyers, legal professionals, law graduates and law students. They include preparation for International Legal English Exam, TOLES, which has replaced the discontinued ILEC exam.
Our trainers are specialist English language trainers with particular expertise in English for law. There is important input from the legal world: sessions led by professional lawyers provide an authentic and practical contribution and the participants usually also visit a law firm and the courts.
- Are you travelling from outside the UK? Our Quarantine Package is designed to give you the option of joining our Legal English 20-30 immersion course whilst you self-isolate on arrival in the UK.
- People who are unable to travel can train with us with Virtual Groups through virtual classrooms in small friendly groups.
|Legal English 20-30 - Virtual Groups||For newly qualified lawyers or those getting ready to enter a legal profession and want to excel and get ahead of their peers.|
|Legal English: Commercial Lawyers - Virtual Groups||For experienced lawyers who need to communicate effectively at a senior level.|
This three-week course is for newly-qualified lawyers and law students to give them the legal language skills they will need for their careers. The course includes input from professional lawyers, visits to law firms and to the courts.
This course prepares candidates for the TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) examination. It is available as an optional 4th week after the three-week Legal English 20-30 course.
This one-week course is for qualified, experienced commercial lawyers from law firms or the corporate sector who have a good level of English and want to work effectively in an international setting.
This six-month Legal English course online covers 400 words and legal terms frequently used by legal professionals. Practice exercises help you learn the meaning, spelling and pronunciation.
Taking the Legal English course was an incredible experience. The teachers are very good and helpful and the material is excellent. I strongly recommend it! 10/10.Andre
Why study at The London School of English?
- Rated “Excellent” based on over 1300 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London and online