Legal English 30+
Legal English 30+ covers a range of legal topics with a focus on case studies, negotiations, contract drafting and litigation.
You will improve your ability to communicate legal language more effectively and also cover the language skills you need to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Who’s it for?
This one-week course is for qualified, experienced lawyers, who have a reasonably confident command of English. Typically, course participants need to develop their oral and written skills to communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal contexts including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
At the end of the course you can expect to be able to :
- Communicate more fluently and accurately
- Use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Write more effective legal texts
- Participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Socialise and network with greater confidence
- Work more successfully in a cross-cultural environment
Legal English 30+ develops your communication skills using highly practical legal scenarios. Key skills covered include:
- Legal vocabulary expansion
- Effective communication skills for meetings, discussions and negotiations
- Presentation skills
- Written communication – emails, reports and formal letters
- Effective telephoning skills
- Hosting visits, socialising, meeting and greeting
- Drafting example contracts
- Giving legal advice, for example describing the process of litigation to a foreign client
There are opportunities to learn about aspects of English and EC law and the English legal system but it is not a course in law.
Optional self-study: Before or after your classes, you can use the Self-Study Area in your centre. There are computers, a printer and plenty of desk space available. The Self-Study Areas are available whenever our centres are open. See the opening times for our centres here.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resources
- Daily three-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
- Weekly networking reception
- Access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end of course progress report
- Lectures from three external lawyers
- Visit to a law court and a law firm
Why study at The London School of English?
- Rated “Excellent” in over 750 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London, Canterbury or online
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 6
- Minimum age: 30*
Average age: 38
- Duration: 1 week
- 30 hours per week
09.00 - 17.00 (Monday to Friday)
- Start dates: 28 January, 8 April, 17 June, 22 July, 7 October, 25 November
- Sample week
- £1250 per week
*We may occasionally make an exception and allow a person under 30 to take this course. In these cases, we will assess suitability on an individual basis. Please contact us for more information.