Legal English 30+
Legal English 30+ covers a range of legal topics with a focus on case studies, negotiations, contract drafting and litigation.
You will improve your ability to communicate legal language more effectively and also cover the language skills you need to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Who’s it for?
This 1-week course is for qualified, experienced lawyers, who have a reasonably confident command of English. Typically, course participants need to develop their oral and written skills to communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal contexts including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
At the end of the course you can expect to be able to :
- Communicate more fluently and accurately
- Use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Write more effective legal texts
- Participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Socialise and network with greater confidence
- Work more successfully in a cross-cultural environment
Legal English 30+ develops your communication skills using highly practical legal scenarios. Key skills covered include:
- Legal vocabulary expansion
- Effective communication skills for meetings, discussions and negotiations
- Presentation skills
- Written communication – emails, reports and formal letters
- Effective telephoning skills
- Hosting visits, socialising, meeting and greeting
- Drafting example contracts
- Giving legal advice, for example describing the process of litigation to a foreign client
There are opportunities to learn about aspects of English and EC law and the English legal system but it is not a course in law.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resources
- Daily 3-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
- Weekly networking reception
- Access to LondonSchool Online platform
- Detailed end of course progress report
- Lectures from 3 external lawyers
- Visit to a law court and a law firm
Why study at The London School of English?
- Rated “Excellent” in over 450 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London, Canterbury or online
Legal English 30+
Details about our Legal English 30+ as a ready to download PDF fileDownload
- Holland Park Gardens
- Max group: 6
- Min Age: 30
Average Age: 38
- Duration: 1 week
- 30 hours
09.00 - 17.00 (Mon - Fri)
- 29 January, 16 April, 18 June, 23 July, 1 October, 26 November
- £1250 per week