Legal English 30+
Legal English 30+ covers a range of legal topics with a focus on case studies, negotiations, contract writing and litigation (the process of taking legal action).
You will improve your ability to communicate legal language more effectively and also cover the language skills you need to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Who is it for?
This one-week course is for qualified, experienced lawyers, who have a good level of English. Typically, course participants need to develop their speaking and writing skills to communicate complicated legal ideas to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal situations including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
At the end of the course you can expect to be able to:
- Communicate more fluently and accurately
- Use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Write more effective legal texts
- Participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Socialise and network with greater confidence
- Work more successfully in a cross-cultural environment
Legal English 30+ develops your communication skills using realistic legal situations. Key skills covered include:
- Expanding legal vocabulary
- Effective communication skills for meetings, discussions and negotiations
- Presentation skills
- Written communication – emails, reports and formal letters
- Effective telephoning skills
- Hosting visits, socialising, meeting and greeting
- Writing example contracts
- Giving legal advice, for example describing the process of litigation to a foreign client
There are opportunities to learn about English and EC law and the English legal system but it is not a course in law.
Optional self-study: Before or after your classes, you can use the self-study area in the centre. There are computers, a printer and plenty of desk space available. The self-study area is available whenever our centre is open. See the opening times here.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resources
- Networking reception
- Access to the self-study area
- Access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
- Lectures from three external lawyers
- Visit to a law court
When we are open: Check our standard opening times and the days when our centres are closed on public holidays by clicking this link.
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 6
Minimum age: 30
We may occasionally make an exception and allow a person under 30 to take this course.
- Duration: 1 week
30 hours per week
09.00 - 17.00 (Monday to Friday)
Course start dates:
- Sample week
- £1250 per week