TOLES Advanced Exam Preparation
The TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) preparation course is a very intensive, one-week course designed to prepare you fully for the advanced TOLES exam. You will focus on examination techniques for all sections of the exam. The TOLES exam is an internationally recognised exam certified by the Law Society of England and Wales.
Do you have questions?
Who is it for?
The TOLES examination is for qualified lawyers working in commercial law and students who are studying at a university law faculty in an English-speaking country. TOLES is an ideal qualification for legal professionals who want to demonstrate their ability to manage everyday legal tasks and situations in English.
This course is for people who wish to sit the advanced TOLES exam.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to approach the different parts of the exam more confidently
- Be able to recognise the areas you need to improve
- Have improved your knowledge of legal English in terms of register, collocations, idioms and formulaic expressions
- Have become more familiar with some key business terms, idioms and collocations
- Have become more familiar with the appropriate register, phrases and structure of formal letters and legal contracts
- Take an internationally recognised exam to prove your legal English knowledge and skills
During the TOLES Preparation course you can expect to cover the following areas:
- Knowledge and use of technical legal vocabulary for the global commercial market
- Comprehending complicated legal contract clauses and other documentation
- Knowledge of the difference between 'legalese' and 'plain English'
- Sensitivity to register and a raised awareness of how formal and informal English is used in a professional workplace
- Focus on the vocabulary and grammar required for contract drafting
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resource
- Three months access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
- Certificate of course completion
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 10
- Minimum age: 20
- Duration: 1 week
24 hours per week
09.30 - 16.00 (Monday to Friday)
- £650 per week + £150 exam fee and exam practice book