TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills)
The TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) preparation course is a very intensive, one-week course designed to prepare you fully for the TOLES exam. You will focus on examination techniques for all sections of the exam. The TOLES exam is an internationally recognised exam certified by the Law Society of England and Wales.
Who’s it for?
The TOLES examination is for qualified lawyers working in commercial law and students who are studying at a university law faculty in an English-speaking country. TOLES is an ideal qualification for legal professionals who want to demonstrate their ability to manage everyday legal tasks and situations in English.
By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to approach the different parts of the exam more confidently
- Have improved your knowledge of legal English and key ideas in English law
- Have improved your writing skills, especially for letters and emails
- Have prepared yourself for entry to a university law course, or for an internship
- Be able to recognise the areas you need to improve
On the TOLES course you can expect to cover the following areas:
- Knowledge and use of specific legal vocabulary
- Formal letter writing and communication by email
- Explaining difficult contract clauses clearly
- Reading complicated documentation
- Important parts of the English legal system
- Grammatical accuracy
You will also look at the following language skills and communication strategies:
- Understanding and using specific legal vocabulary for the global commercial market
- Writing formal letters and communicating by email
- Explaining contract clauses
- Understanding and explaining complicated legal documentation
- Writing and speaking with grammatical accuracy
Optional self-study: Before or after your classes, you can use the Self-Study Area in your centre. There are computers, a printer and plenty of desk space available. The Self-Study Areas are available whenever our centres are open. See the opening times for our centres here.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resources
- Daily three-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
- Networking reception every Monday
- Access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
When we are open: Check our standard opening times and the days when our centres are closed on public holidays by clicking this link.
Why study at The London School of English?
- Average rating of 9.6/10 in over 1000 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London and Canterbury
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 10
Average age: 24
- Duration: 1 week
24 hours per week
09.30 - 16.00 (Monday to Friday)
- Start dates: 28 January, 25 February, 25 March, 20 May, 24 June, 22 July, 19 August, 23 September, 11 November
- Sample week
£590 per week + £150 exam fee and special materials*
*£50 per week summer supplement for courses from 1 July to 31 August