Legal English 20-30
This Legal English course is for lawyers aged 20-30 and covers a range of legal topics with a focus on contract drafting, legal case studies, negotiations and participation in meetings. You will develop the skills and gain the confidence you need to become an effective communicator in a legal setting. You will also cover the general language skills to help you to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Do you have any questions?
Who is it for?
This course is designed for newly qualified lawyers and law students aged 20-30. Typically, course participants need to develop their speaking and writing skills to help them communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal situations including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
On completion of your Legal English course 20-30, you will continue with a formal Legal English qualification with the TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) exam preparation course.
High level of training, friendly staff and atmosphere. The course is serious and very helpful because it covers a great deal of areas of law and topics. I attended Legal English course 20-30 and I strongly recommend this course!!Chiara
At the end of the Legal English course you can expect to:
- Communicate more confidently and spontaneously in a legal setting
- Communicate more accurately in a legal context
- Use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Write more effective legal texts
- Participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Have improved your networking skills
This legal English course focuses on developing your English skills in a legal setting, and the vocabulary of criminal law, civil law, contract law, and EC law. Areas of focus include:
- Spoken fluency – case studies, legal process, negotiations
- Legal vocabulary – relating to commercial law, contracts, describing legal concepts
- Grammar development
- Listening practice and comprehension
- Communication skills – discussions, negotiations, conflict, dealing with difficult situations
- Telephoning and spoken communication
- Networking English – hospitality, travelling, inviting, advising, apologising.
- Visiting legal experts
- Visits to the Old Bailey and the Civil Courts when possible
- Word Stream legal English online course
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resource
- Three months access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
- Certificate of course completion
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 10
- Age: 20-30
- Duration: 4 weeks
24 hours per week
09.30 - 16.00 (Monday to Friday)
Start dates 2023
9 January (4 weeks)
6 February (4 weeks)
6 March (4 weeks)
24 April (4 weeks)
22 May (4 weeks)
3 July (4 weeks)
31 July (4 weeks)
16 October (4 weeks)
20 November (4 weeks)
- Sample week
£2600 for 4-week package + £150 exam fee