Legal English 20-30
This Legal English course 20-30 is for lawyers aged 20-30 and covers a range of legal topics with a focus on contract drafting, legal case studies, negotiations and participation in meetings. You will develop the skills and gain the confidence you need to become an effective communicator in a legal setting. You will also cover the general language skills to help you to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Who’s it for?
This three-week legal English course is designed for newly qualified lawyers and law students aged 20-30. Typically, course participants need to develop their speaking and writing skills to help them communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal situations including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
On completion of your Legal English course 20-30, you may wish to continue with a formal Legal English qualification. We offer a one-week TOLES exam preparation course.
At the end of the Legal English course you can expect to:
- Be able to communicate more confidently and spontaneously in a legal setting
- Be able to communicate more accurately in a legal context
- Be able to use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Be able to write more effective legal texts
- Be able to participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Have improved your networking skills
This legal English course focuses on developing your English skills in a legal setting, and the vocabulary of criminal law, civil law, contract law, and EC law. Areas of focus include:
- Spoken fluency – case studies, legal process, negotiations
- Legal vocabulary – relating to commercial law, contracts, describing legal concepts
- Grammar development
- Listening practice and comprehension
- Communication skills – discussions, negotiations, conflict, dealing with difficult situations
- Telephoning and spoken communication
- Networking English – hospitality, travelling, inviting, advising, apologising.
- Visiting legal experts
- Visits to the Old Bailey and the Civil Courts when possible
- Word Stream legal English online course
Optional self-study: Before or after your classes, you can use the Self-Study Area in your centre. There are computers, a printer and plenty of desk space available. The Self-Study Areas are available whenever our centres are open. See the opening times for our centres here.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All Legal English course materials and resources
- Daily three-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
- Weekly networking reception
- Access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
- Three legal London visits (courts and Parliament)
- Three lectures by legal experts
High level of training, friendly staff and atmosphere. The course is serious and very helpful because it covers a great deal of areas of law and topics. I attended Legal English course 20-30 and I strongly recommend this course!!Chiara
When we are open: Check our standard opening times and the days when our centres are closed on public holidays by clicking this link.
Why study at The London School of English?
- Average rating of 9.6/10 based on over 1000 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London and Canterbury
Legal English Course 20-30
Details about Legal English 20-30 as a ready to download PDF fileDownload
If you have any questions, then please use the form below and we will aim to respond back to you within 48 hours.
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Max group: 10
For ages: 20-30
Average Age: 24
- Duration: 3 weeks
24 hours for week
09.30 - 16.00 (Monday to Friday)
- Start dates: 7 January, 4 February, 4 March, 29 April, 3 June, 1 July, 29 July, 2 September, 21 October, 2 December
- Sample week
£1770 for 3 weeks
+£50 per week summer supplement for courses from 1st July to 16th August