Legal English 20-30
This Legal English course is for lawyers aged 20-30 and covers a range of legal topics with a focus on contract drafting, legal case studies, negotiations and participation in meetings. You will develop the skills and gain the confidence you need to become an effective communicator in a legal setting. You will also cover the general language skills to help you to interact confidently in a wide range of formal and informal situations.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for newly qualified lawyers and law students aged 20-30. Typically, course participants need to develop their speaking and writing skills to help them communicate complex legal ideas and concepts to partners, clients and colleagues in a variety of formal and less formal situations including meetings, negotiations, and networking events.
On completion of your Legal English course 20-30, you may wish to continue with a formal Legal English qualification. We offer a TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills) exam preparation course.
High level of training, friendly staff and atmosphere. The course is serious and very helpful because it covers a great deal of areas of law and topics. I attended Legal English course 20-30 and I strongly recommend this course!!Chiara
At the end of the Legal English course you can expect to:
- Communicate more confidently and spontaneously in a legal setting
- Communicate more accurately in a legal context
- Use specialised legal terminology more effectively
- Write more effective legal texts
- Participate more confidently in meetings and negotiations
- Have improved your networking skills
This legal English course focuses on developing your English skills in a legal setting, and the vocabulary of criminal law, civil law, contract law, and EC law. Areas of focus include:
- Spoken fluency – case studies, legal process, negotiations
- Legal vocabulary – relating to commercial law, contracts, describing legal concepts
- Grammar development
- Listening practice and comprehension
- Communication skills – discussions, negotiations, conflict, dealing with difficult situations
- Telephoning and spoken communication
- Networking English – hospitality, travelling, inviting, advising, apologising.
- Visiting legal experts
- Visits to the Old Bailey and the Civil Courts when possible
- Word Stream legal English online course
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
- All course materials and resource
- Three months access to London School Online platform
- Detailed end-of-course progress report
- London, Holland Park Gardens
- Maximum group size: 10
- Age: 20-30
- Duration: 3 weeks
24 hours per week
09.30 - 16.00 (Monday to Friday)
- Sample week
- £1770 for 3 weeks