Developing Intercultural Competence
This course is for you if you need to build stronger relationships with clients and partners from other cultures. You will learn about your own values and biases and how to adapt and respond to different cross-cultural perspectives. You will develop a practical toolkit to help you maximise your international relationships and work more effectively across cultures. This course also includes access to The International Preferences Indicator tool and feedback report.
Who’s it for?
Developing Intercultural Competence is for anyone working in a multicultural environment either at home or away - if you are part of a global team, work with international customers or suppliers or travel overseas on business.
- Greater awareness of your values and biases
- Frameworks for recognising and responding to cultural diversity
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Greater understanding of your strengths and areas for development
- Increased cultural intelligence
"There were some brilliant revelations that can be utilised immediately."Ed Holland, Project Manager, Burgopak
- What is intercultural competence
- Stages of intercultural sensitivity
- Perceptions, judgments and assumptions
- Cross-cultural norms and the ‘platinum’ rule
- Managing cultural differences
- ‘Push’ and ‘Pull’ styles and your development areas
- How to develop cultural intelligence
Useful webinars and blogs on developing intercultural competence
- Webinar: Developing your intercultural competence
- Why cultural sensitivity matters more than ever in 2017
- Your journey to cultural competence
- International negotiation skills: Stepping into the other side's shoes
- Conflict in the workplace: It’s personal, even when it’s cultural
- Communication barriers: Why isn't it easier?
- Learning a language - A gateway to intercultural competence
Contact us for more information
- Your Office
- Max 10
- Min duration: 1 day
- Bespoke: on request