Developing Intercultural Competence
This course is for you if you need to build stronger relationships with clients and partners from other cultures. You will learn about your own values and biases and how to respond to cross-cultural perspectives. You will develop a toolkit to help you maximise your international relationships and work more effectively across cultures. Also includes access to The International Preferences Indicator tool and feedback report.
Who’s it for?
Developing Intercultural Competence is for anyone working in a multicultural environment either at home or away - if you are part of a global team, work with international customers or suppliers or travel overseas on business.
- Greater awareness of your values and biases
- Frameworks for recognising and responding to cultural diversity
- Cross-cultural communication skills
- Greater understanding of your strengths and areas for development
- Increased cultural intelligence
"There were some brilliant revelations that can be utilised immediately."Ed Holland, Project Manager, Burgopak
- What is Intercultural competence
- Stages of Intercultural sensitivity
- Perceptions, judgments and assumptions
- Cross-cultural norms and the ‘platinum’ rule
- Managing cultural differences
- ‘Push’ and ‘Pull’ styles and your development areas
- How to develop cultural intelligence
- Your Office
- Max 10
- Min duration: 2 days
- Bespoke: on request