Academic Year Programme
Our Academic Year is a minimum 24 week programme which fully prepares you for study at an English speaking university both at undergraduate and postgraduate degree level. The programme combines relevant units from our Intensive General English, English for University and IELTS preparation courses. As we understand that the ideal course combination is different for each student, we will tailor your study plan with you when you arrive to help you achieve your specific goal.
Who’s it for?
Our Academic Year programme is suitable for international and EU students who want a complete preparation programme for undergraduate and postgraduate degree level studies at university in the UK and other English speaking countries.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Speak more accurately and fluently
- Write academic texts using a clear structure to express your ideas
- Use and understand academic vocabulary and grammar
- Understand the main points in lectures
- Read extensively and in detail
- Carry out research and complete a research project
- Achieve the best possible IELTS result
- Become an independent learner
- Understand the demands of degree level study at UK universities
- Be confident and ready to start your degree
- Intensive General English
Starting with Intensive General English, you will develop your overall language skills in speaking, reading, listening and writing as well as working on vocabulary and grammar.
- IELTS preparation
You will take a complete IELTS preparation course where you will be fully prepared to take the test by covering all of the question types for each paper and using tips and techniques so that you can get the best possible result.
- English for University
Towards the end of your programme, you will move on to English for University where you will develop your Academic English skills and Study Skills in preparation for your degree. Key areas that are included are carrying out research, writing essays, participating in seminars, reading academic texts and notetaking in lectures. You will practise these skills through a mini research project, concluding in an essay and group presentation. In this way, you are developing and becoming confident at all the skills you need at university.
Included in fees
Fees include training plus:
All course materials and resources
Daily 3-course lunch (Monday to Friday)
Weekly networking reception
Access to LondonSchool Online platform
Detailed end of course progress report
Why study at The London School of English?
- Rated “Excellent” in over 450 independent client reviews
- Over 100 years’ experience
- Tailored training delivers clear results
- Memorable experiences in London, Canterbury or online
- Westcroft Square
- Max Group: 12
- Min Age: 18
Average Age: 29
- Min Duration: 24 weeks; no maximum
- See relevant courses
- Flexible but with recommended start dates on 3 January, 6 February, 3 July, 29 August
- Click here to see fees