The Freelance Trainer is expected to master a range of course types and to take an active part in developing courses, syllabuses and materials. The majority of the Freelance Trainer’s time will be spent in the classroom teaching and some time may be set aside for course and materials development.
The Freelance Trainer is responsible for:
- Course planning and delivery.
- Course and materials development ensuring that they are innovative, effective and meet client and market needs.
- Teaching on our range of scheduled courses, both group and 1-1, including specialised courses where appropriate.
- Planning the timetable and preparing the lessons for these courses and writing materials where appropriate.
- Ensuring that all courses are effectively and efficiently delivered, of the highest possible quality level and relevant to the needs of the participants.
- Carrying out all courses-related administration: assessing students’ levels, keeping up-to-date attendance records, completing daily record sheets and handovers, conducting individual tutorials and writing brief student reports (notes on students).
- Being conversant with the operation of technical equipment, word processing, computer-aided teaching and learning facilities and platforms for online delivery and making appropriate use of these for lesson delivery.
|Qualifications/experience (essential)||Qualifications/experience (desirable)|
|A CELTA / Trinity Cert TESOL (or equivalent) and a minimum of 2 years ELT experience in both group and 1-1 classes at different levels.
Computer literate with experience of delivering online lessons e.g., Zoom.
Working in a client focused multi-cultural environment.
|DELTA or relevant MA plus a minimum of 5 years ELT experience across a range of course types (Business, ESP, EAP, Exams) and levels.
Computer literate with experience of delivering online lessons e.g., Zoom as well as good knowledge of online teaching tools and techniques.
Experience in industry e.g., business, law, engineering etc.
|Qualities/skills (essential)||Qualities/skills (desirable)|
|Articulate, organised, and professional.
Warm, friendly, and empathetic with an ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients.
Client focused with high standards of customer service.
Interest in CPD and pedagogical developments.
|Ability to develop and change in response to feedback / client needs.
Collaborative approach with interest in improving the company and practices.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Established in 1912, The London School of English is the oldest accredited English language school in the world and the highest rated in the country by the British Council and on Trustpilot by our clients. Many thousands of satisfied clients have trained with us over the years. They have high expectations and want results. We aim to exceed those expectations.
Our centre is in Holland Park in London. We offer year-round group courses in General English, Business English, Legal English and IELTS. We run substantial 1-1 tuition programmes and much of our work involves ESP, including for example English for HR or English for closed corporate groups. Our delivery is both face-to-face and online. Our courses focus on communication skills and are intensive, practical, and relevant. People come to us because their time is valuable – they need a course guaranteed to deliver real benefits for them, and where relevant, their organisation. Our clients range from very senior business and professional people and VIPs to relatively young pre-experience professionals.
Our purpose and values
We help people to communicate across borders and cultures.
We are a values-led organisation and our values are as follows:
- We are proud of what we do
- We go the extra mile
- We communicate honestly and openly
- We innovate and improve
- We are a team; we get things done together
- We treat participants as experienced adults with a great deal to contribute to their course.
- Work is concentrated. Time is precious. All our courses are intensive.
- The schedule is planned but flexible.
- No single training method suits everyone. We are sensitive to different learning styles.
- Our approach is always practical. People need to use English, not just study it.
- Small is beautiful. We restrict the numbers in our course centres so that we can ensure a really personal service at all times.
- English is important because it is a world language, used for international communication. We offer a multi-national, multi-cultural environment.
- Learning is a collaboration - between the trainer and the learner, and between individual learners.
- Learning never ends. We know that your course with us is just part of a bigger picture. We try to give you the tools to continue to develop your English after you leave us.
- Our courses are stimulating. Language learning is sometimes quite hard work, but you will never be bored.
- Our courses are demanding. The more you put in the more you will get out. We help you to learn - we cannot learn for you.
- Our courses are enjoyable. They are more effective that way.